- The 'utsonmobile' application is developed in-house by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).
- The 'utsonmobile' application is available for Android, Windows and iOS based smartphones. User can download this application from Google play store, Windows app store and Apple store respectively, free of cost.
- The passenger first will get registered by providing his/her mobile number, name, password, gender and date of birth.
- Upon successful registration, Railway Wallet (R-WALLET) will be created automatically with zero balance to the passenger. There will be no extra cost for creating R-WALLET.
- R-WALLET can be recharged either at any of the UTS counter or through recharge option available on the "https://www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in" website.
- Currently, Paperless Ticket can be booked for Journey Ticket, Season Ticket and Platform Ticket. Platform Ticket booking is allowed for some selected stations only.
- In case internet connection of the mobile is not up, then ticket booking is not allowed.
- No advance ticket booking is allowed i.e. the journey date will always be current date.
The passenger can book paperless Journey Ticket, Season Ticket and Platform Ticket through mobile application and ticket will be delivered in the mobile application itself. The passenger can travel without taking hardcopy of the ticket. Whenever Ticket Checking Staff asks for ticket, the passenger will use 'Show Ticket' option in the application.
- The smartphone should be GPS enabled to book paperless ticket.
- The paperless tickets are not allowed for cancellation.
- The journey should commence within one hour after booking paperless ticket.
- Season Ticket can be issued/renewed from mobile application and it will be valid from the next day of booking the ticket. No need of GPS for issue/renewal of Season Ticket.
- Platform Ticket can also be booked from mobile application.
- In case passenger is not able to show the ticket on mobile then it is considered as ticketless travel.
The passenger can book ticket through the mobile application. On booking of ticket, he/she will get Booking ID along with other ticket details. The booking details will also be available in booking history. The booking ID will also be conveyed through an SMS.
- After booking Paper ticket, passenger can go to the journey originating (source) station to take ticket print out from any of the ATVM/Co-TVM there, by entering his/her registered mobile number and booking ID. The journey is valid only with printed ticket.
- The cancellation of Paper Ticket is allowed either at the counter after printing the ticket or through the application before printing the ticket. However, in both the cases, cancellation fee is applicable.
- The journey should commence within one hour after printing paper ticket from ATVM/Co-TVM.